Thursday, January 7, 2010

I CHOSE TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT

Last month I applied for a non-professional driver's license, beforehand I was told that it is not easy to get one. The process include drug testing, physical examination, written examination and practical test. For a person who do not have a driver's license yet and whose driving experience and vehicle traffic rules and regulation knowledge are very limited it would be a heavy requirement. Three days before my application I enrolled for ten-hour driving lessons and somehow my driving skills were enhanced, however I had problem with backing and parking. These are the major skills that needed more practice. In the morning of December 21, 2009 I passed the written examination and in the afternoon I took the practical test.
Actually, both written and practical tests were stressful activities but when I made it for the written exam somehow I became confident that I would be given a license. There were a number of examinees on that day. My driving instructor told me to relax and be calm but I also saw a glimpse of anxiety in his face. He had to practice me for the most common instructions that the LTO examiner will give. I prayed so hard also to passed the examination. There was really inner tension in me and at the back of my mind i said to myself '"you will be able to make it". If you are scared that would mean you needed someone UP to assist you.
After series of examinees passing the practical test I saw one of them gave money to the examiner. Although it was done unobtrusively I still saw from a far that he accepted a bill. I was shocked, I did not know that we have such terrible government employee, receiving bribe in public. When I told my instructor about what I saw he said that I better give as well the examiner money for a sure passing mark then he handed me the purple bill. However I refused to do so. He insisted that I be the one to give the bribe but I refused for many times and told him that It will be alright with me to fail in the practical test if I so deserve it. But my examiner explain that it will take another month to take the examination again, but still i remain firm of my decision. I commented " if i bribe that examiner the more he will not go to heaven" my instructor was silenced. When it was my turn to take the test I befriended the examiner and made good few conversations with him and it was then that I knew I passed because I was able to follow all of his instructions.

I chose to do what is right because I want to believe that I really deserve to pass and not because I paid the examiner. I chose to do what is right because I know I won't be helping the examiner and myself grow into a better person. I chose to do what is right because I know It was be the wisest thing to do and praise God! He reminded me to do what is right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am seeking for help from anyone in Negros Occidental, Bacolod/Pulupandan to find my love and speak some sense into her. The person I’m referring to is Rosie (Anirose) Espanola originally from pulupandan, and now moved out to Taculing, Bacolod city . Her phone number is 639272252666 AND EMAIL: LUVYAH_ROSIE@YAHOO.COM & ROSIE_LOVEU@YAHOO.COM . I love her very much and miss her. Ever since she came back from manila to the province 7 weeks ago where she was working in a bar named THE APPENZELLER estrellita bldg.2 ALABANG ZAPOTE RD.MUNTINLUPA, telephone: 6328099177. she now works in makati, bangkal street for an Korean call center. she is ignoring and avoiding me, she isn’t answering my calls, sms or msgs, giving me excuses which are full of lies. I don’t know why she is doing this to me. We both love each other very much and she knows it too, for 9 months we have been talking online and spend a lot of time everyday for over 8 hours daily. She confessed and committed to me and I gave her my life, I’ve spent a thousands of dollars over a million pesos by way of gifts etc on her which I did out of pure love for her, now she wants another million and insists I give it to her to love her. Omg I can’t believe this blackmail.. I trusted and believed her blindly and she is my life now, I cannot live without her. I have lost all bearings on life without her now. I need her to survive, I’m completely at her mercy now and dependent on her, she was my eyes I saw the world. She was the beacon of light for my soul. I’m totally committed and sacrificed a lot for her, I’m sick now and devastated and ruined. My days are dragging and I don’t want to live anymore. I will not commit suicide as I’m a god fearing person, I know the lord will put some sense into her to realise how much I love her...I ask all kind and loving people over there to understand me and help me pls. I want to talk to her parents please if anybody knows tell me. All I want is to talk to her parents and tell them who has been supporting them ahh for so long when they thought it was their daughter ahh , put some sense into them to talk to their daughter. I will give that money to the poor who deserves it than to a cheat ok .. pls help me friend, pls lookup Espanola in the phone directory give me al the phone numbers and addresses pls the lord will have mercy on u and bless u plus I will reward u too... Mike Williams

weng said...

hello mr. mike williams am sad that you are one of those who were victimized by women in my country who only want to have your dollars

the big sign is this SHE DOES NOT LOVE YOU SHE ONLY WANTS YOUR MONEY. so if you wanted to talk to her seriously as well as to her parents i would advise that you coordinate with National Bureau of Investigation because I believe that you were being deceived and something was stolen from you who knows this woman is involved in syndicate to make money. i do not know how to contact you but i'll just advice you here