Tuesday, August 19, 2008

LIFT ME UP

I grew up in an isolated area. My neighbors live far from our home. I only have my siblings as my playmates. Life in the countryside is very peaceful and quite.unlike the city life, I don't hear the big bang quarrels of married couples, i don't hear singing bees from video karaokes, i don't often hear the beep of vehicles. i only hear the sound of nature, the chirping of the birds, the sound of animals from the forests and the sound of the wind lullaby swinging the leaves of the trees. I always admire life in the province because it is for me the best place to live and relax. However, upon hearing the news lately, i was shocked to find out that my fellow Filipinos in Lanao Del Norte and Lanao Del Sur were terrorized by the attacks and invasion of MILF. I believe that the people their live a simple, peaceful and happy life in the past. However, their normal lives where crush down. They use to wake up feeling secure and safe but right now I could feel the fear in them. I wonder why some of us cannot shed light to unity and peace when we can always choose to do so. I wonder why some of us continue to do bad when we always have the option to do good. I wonder why some love to see others suffer?. I wonder why some of us became slave of thier own personal desires when they can always sacrifice for the sake of peace, unity and joy. Why do some of us like to steal the little joy that others have? this is a concrete reflection of what Mother Theresa said " The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread".

If and only we could destroy pride within us and start spreading and giving love instead of hate and anger then surely war and chaos will have to end.

No comments: